Media Forensics is headed by Gordon McMeikan who brings over 28 years experience in in-depth bit level collection, analysis and reporting of technical telecommunications and non-communications signals and computer systems. This was obtained while working at the highest levels of security with top level national defence clearances with the Department of Defence and five years with a Law Enforcement Agency.
Gordon formed the company in 2011 to be able to offer his expertise to a broader market who need access to quality digital forensics services, particularly with audio, video and still image multimedia recordings.
Skills and Expertise
Media Forensics is a small but highly skilled, technical company that provides a unique collection of complementary specialised services. We offer:
- Enhancement and/or authentication digital forensic services for all forms of recorded media such as audio recordings, CCTV surveillance video, photographs (still images).
- Computer forensics, e-discovery and mobile device digital forensics in association with Forensics Australia.
- Consultancy Services to assist you in developing and reviewing tender and technical documentation relating to your electronic security systems (CCTV Surveillance System, Alarm System, Access System) project management.
- Designing, troubleshooting and upgrading of electronic security surveillance systems and products including Intruder Alarm Systems and CCTV Surveillance Systems.
- Specialised Digital Forensics training courses and research in association with Digital Forensics Institute.
Clients include organisations in the mining, civil and construction sectors, commercial and shopping complexes, law enforcement agencies and the legal community such as civil and criminal prosecution or defence teams and lawyers. Our services are also available to the general public, insurance agencies, private investigators and fraud investigators within Australia and abroad.
Some of Gordon’s qualifications include:
- Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security (Digital Forensics)
- Certified Video Forensics analyst
- Diploma of Project Management
- Certificate III in Telecommunications (CCTV Surveillance Systems and Intruder Alarm Systems)
- Certificate II in Electronic Security.
- Open Registration Cabling license (Structured Cabling, Coax and Optical Fibre endorsement)
- WA police licensed and registered Security Installer and Security Consultant (Alarms and CCTV) with full public liability insurance cover.
- Certificates in Unix Solaris Systems Administration and Solaris Network Administration.
- Adobe Fundamental, Intermediate and Master level certificates for Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Affects, Illustrator and Audition.
- Checkpoint Security Administration
- Marcsta Induction
- High Risk Work – Elevated Work Platform
- Work Safely at Heights.
- Enter and Work in Confined Workspaces.
- Senior First Aid.
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE) – In Progress
- Diploma of Vocational Education & Training (VET) – In Progress
- Diploma of Training Design & Development – In Progress
- Numerous classified Department of Defence courses in signals collection and analysis.
Media Forensics is now operating in association with
This association brings additional expertise in computer forensics, e-discovery and digital forensics training.
Confidentiality and Security of your Product
Media Forensics takes Security, Confidentiality and Trust very seriously. Please read our Terms and Conditions of Service policy for more information about our statement of confidentiality, non-disclosure and other relevant items.
Media Forensics can provide the following secure connectivity and communications features:
- Up to 32 secure VPN connections.
- SHA-1 and MD5 authentication.
- IKE authentication: pre-shared key and digital signature (X.509).
- MPPE, AES, DES, 3DES encryption.
- IPSec, PPTP, L2TP, L2TP over IPSec protocols.
- FTP and Secure FTP.
- Secure Skype / SIP.
- Encrypted emails.
- Encrypted email attachments.
- Secure shared Dropbox folders.
Chain of Custody
You can have the utmost confidence that we will protect, store and treat your data and information in accordance with all legal requirements to ensure a rock solid evidence trail and chain of custody.
A fully documented audit trail of work done is maintained at all times. We can also provide a screen video capture of work undertaken. All casework performed by Media Forensics is non-destructive, fully documented and can be retraced and reproduced.
Outsource and Save
You can save money and refocus resources to where they benefit your organisation by outsourcing your digital multimedia forensic requirements to us. Media Forensics can provide you with an expert, reliable and up-to-date capability that frees you from staff retention issues, staff training, hardware and software maintenance and licencing costs in this expensive, fast moving, specialised area.